Monday, June 18, 2012

And this is closure.

Dear Person,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting over you. I understand that I'm still going to miss you and that it's going to be hard to accept the fact that we will not be together again. But you know what? I'm okay with it. I'll get over it and I'm going to be okay. Know why? I'm better this way. I am so much stronger than I have ever felt and I don't want to get over you by hating you or being with someone else. I've learn to accept the fact that I'm going to be on my own for a while and I'm totally cool with it. I now have room to stretch and friends to help me through the tougher times. I don't need a silly boy to help me get over those lonely nights because feeling alone is being human.
I do want to thank you though. You hurt me a lot by ignoring my feelings and leaving me when I needed you the most. It has definitely been the hardest 3-4 months but I've definitely come to appreciate it and you. I know that there will be no next time, no one will ever hurt me again, and I'll deal with it any better way than I have. Thank you for being a great friend (and a man), for helping me see that I can do and be so much, and for teaching me to be strong on my own. I'll miss you, I still do, but as a friend. But now I'm over you and I'm never looking back.
Love,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment