Friday, January 28, 2011

Why I'm not in school...for now

Mm how to start off with this... Everyone in my family & some friends in my life, are worried about me as of this moment because I am currently not enrolled in any type of school at all. It's true, I didn't apply anywhere and probably won't be going anywhere until fall 2011 and I'm totally fine with it. I have tons of reasons why I didn't apply to any schools last year but I don't wanna say it out loud because of my reasons. Plus, it seems like it'll just be another "excuse" to everyone out there whose got something to say to me.
School (high school) has been shit to me the whole time I was there -except sophomore year in KM, it was theee best- and I mostly just wanted a break from it all. I'm not really a school type of person, if you can catch my drift. I was never the type to go to class, sit there and listen to lectures. I totally know what it feels like to walk into a class filled with like over 40+ students so don't tell me it's a "different atmosphere." I'm more of the person who would like to go to class and get their hands moving. I love doing things that are hands on and free filled and maybe get it dirty at some point. I can't come home and expect to waste my hours away studying. Yes I said it, WASTE. Goddamn, people think it's the end of the world when I say I hate studying and I think it's pointless.
That is one of the hundreds of reasons why I wanted to go to the Air Force. Because I thought I'd be able to do something more active than boring, lol. But I decided not to go because I'm totally set on what I want to do with my actual life. And if that doesn't work out, I'll have my mind set on going to the Air Force , but that's in another two years or so after I'm done going to school. I don't want to tell anyone what I want to be "when I grow up" because those are my plans and my decisions. No one elses, to be telling me what to do and how to get it done. I'm going to be attending any community college willing to accept my transcript and go there for two years taking regular core classes that any freshmen and sophomores college student need to take the first two years of school with my head held up high. There are no reasons for people to pick on students who still want to try.
Plus, most people who get out of even "Ivy League" schools, end up with no career and still having their parents support them living under their parents' roof, pathetic. While I go to school, I'm gonna make sure I get a job, study hard and not make my parents pay for nothing no more. Not my spare change I would need, not car payments, school tuition, nothing. I'm gonna go to a cc for two years and transfer, with a scholarship at hand saying that the school is willing to pay for 100% of my school payments. I don't have parents like everyone else who is willing to pay everything for them, I'm happy enough to pay for myself.
WELL I'M DONE RANTING =) I've got to get ready to go to Barnes & Noble. I want my fucking coffee frap that I've been waiting to have haha. Have a great day ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment